Spain • Portugal • Italy • France • Germany • The Czech • Netherlands

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Barcelona!!

It´s been one week in Barcelona and it´s quite an amazing city ... we´ve already been to La Sagrada Familia, the Picasso Museum, Las Ramblas and Parc Güell designed by Antonio Gaudi. I was a bit disappointed in Picasso, but that is probably because I set my hope so high. I didn´t see many pieces I recognized and saw a lot of his work from childhood, which is cool, but it got old.
So we´re getting used to taking the metro here and haven´t gotten lost too many times! You buy a pass that allows you however many rides on the metro and then you buy a new one when it´s out of money. The thing is though, going down into the metro station is like going down into Hell. It´s like a sauna down there! Last weekend was a festival for some saint in Barcelona called La Mercé and it was INSANE! On the metro for instance, it was so packed we were like sardines in the train ... not to mention the smells, oh man.
The picture above is of the fireworks at Plaza España on Sunday night:

This is the same place, but I love this pic because it says Barcelona on the building the the left and show the fireworks reflecting in the windows.
This pic above is me at Parc Güell, it was amazing!

What a city!

No comments:

Post a Comment